Deadly teen car accidents are on the rise in our country. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recently released data showing that, between 2014 and 2018, the number of drivers between the ages of 15 and 19 who were involved in fatal crashes rose by 4.2 percent.
The attorneys of Adamson & Cleveland, LLC, invite you to share your thoughts on what we are doing – or should be doing – to address this serious issue and to compete for one of our three scholarship prizes worth a combined $1,750.
We are now accepting entries from students nationwide for our annual Scholarship Essay & Video Competition. Please read more about the competition below and take advantage of this exciting opportunity to compete for scholarship funds.
To enter, you must submit your essay or video by our May 28th, 2021 deadline
Each winner will receive a check from Adamson & Cleveland, LLC. The winners must use these funds to pay for education-related expenses. Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes which apply to the scholarship award.
Our prizes are:
Scholarship First Place
Scholarship second Place
Scholarship third Place
ESSAY OR VIDEO TOPIC
Your essay or video must address this topic:
What is your school and/or community currently doing to promote safer driving? In your
opinion, what could they be doing?
To compete in our law firm’s Scholarship Essay & Video Competition, you must be a student who is a U.S. resident or an international student who is studying at a U.S. school who is:
- A high school junior or senior, or
- A student currently enrolled in two-year or four-year college or university
- A student currently enrolled in graduate school.
Applicants who are younger than age 18 must provide parental consent to enter. Employees of Adamson & Cleveland, LLC, Consultwebs, Inc., and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter this competition.
You must submit your complete entry by May 28th 2021.
Our selection committee will select the scholarship winners. The committee’s decisions will be final.
We will announce our three scholarship winners by June 25th 2021.
We will use the contact information submitted in the application to notify our winners. Our law firm will also announce the winners on our website.
In addition to your essay or video, you must also submit:
A cover sheet that contains the following:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Name and address of your school
- Your photograph (in .jpeg format)
- A bio that describes yourself in 2-3 sentences
- The signature of a parent or guardian (if you are younger than age 18).
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY
To enter our Scholarship Essay & Video Competition, Adamson & Cleveland, LLC, requires that you submit:
- An essay of 600 words or less (in .doc or .docx format) or
- A video of two minutes or shorter (in .avi or .mp4 format).
We permit only one essay or video per student. You must cite all information sources in your essay or video, and the essay or video must also be an original work. Plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification.
You must submit your essay or video to
When you submit your application to our Scholarship Essay & Video Competition, you:
- Acknowledge that Adamson & Cleveland, LLC, owns all rights to publish, distribute and promote your essay or video.
- Grant Adamson & Cleveland, LLC, the right to use your name, biographical information and photo for marketing and other purposes.
- Agree to indemnify and hold harmless Adamson & Cleveland, LLC, Consultwebs, Inc., and its members, officers, directors, and employees against any and all liability and costs associated with the contest or the acceptance or use of prizes.
We look forward to seeing your essay or video!