Car Accident Lawyers in Gwinnett County, GA
A serious car accident can forever change your outlook on life. In addition to the physical injuries, you may struggle to cope with emotional trauma and ongoing financial hardships. To make matters worse, the other driver and the insurance companies may try to push the blame on you or minimize the impact your injuries have had on your life. If you have been injured, call the experienced car accident lawyers in Norcross at Adamson & Cleveland, LLC for help.
Do not let an insurance company take advantage of you when you are at your most vulnerable. Call the trusted Norcross car accident lawyers at Adamson & Cleveland, LLC today. Our skilled attorneys have 40 years of combined experience successfully winning full and fair jury awards and settlements against large insurance companies. We are committed to providing personalized attention and compassionate service to crash victims and their families.
When you call or contact us online, we will arrange for a free consultation where you can share the details of your case, explain your injuries, and talk about your legal options. We do not charge any fees to begin work on your case, so you do not have to worry about whether you can afford legal representation. In fact, you do not owe us anything unless and until we recover money in your case.
Kevin A. Adamson was great when I had my accident. He stayed at the hospital with me during my hospital stay and sat with my family each of my three surgeries. With Adamson & Cleveland, LLC, you get more than great legal representation, you get a friend for life!
How Can an Attorney Help After a Car Accident?
Many of the people who call our office are overwhelmed by the situation they are facing. They have both immediate concerns, such as seeing a doctor and getting their car fixed, and long-term worries, including the financial impact the accident will have on their life. Our personal injury attorneys are here to listen and answer all your questions.
When you turn to our skilled legal team, you can count on our Norcross car accident attorneys to:
- Provide a free consultation with no obligation to you. You should never feel like you cannot afford high-quality legal representation. Our attorneys will meet with you to evaluate your case and discuss your next steps ─ at no charge to you.
- Take overall communication with the insurance company and the at-fault party. The last thing you should be concerned about is dealing with an insurance company while you are trying to recover from a serious car accident injury. Our attorneys will manage all paperwork and communication related to your case, so you can focus on your health.
- Document your medical needs and expenses. Right off the bat, we will begin collecting and keeping track of your medical records to ensure we have clear evidence of the harm you have suffered.
- Consult with accident reconstruction experts. Our firm often works with professionals who collect all the evidence from the scene of the accident and use it to reconstruct the crash, providing proof of what happened and who was at fault.
- Work with medical specialists and life care planners. It is important to determine how your injuries will affect you in the future. That’s why our lawyers consult with specialists who can help estimate the long-term costs you will be facing related to your accident.
- Thoroughly calculate full and fair compensation. No one can truly tell you how much your case is worth right from the start. Our seasoned legal team meticulously documents all past, current, and future expected losses in order to demand the maximum compensation you are owed.
- Negotiate from a position of strength. We don’t approach a case with the goal of settling. Our goal is to obtain full compensation for our clients. This means we prepare every case as if it were going to trial. This strategy empowers us to negotiate aggressively when discussing settlements because we know we have the case to back up our demands.
- Present a persuasive argument in court. Our experienced litigators will be prepared to paint a powerful picture for a judge and jury, explaining how you were harmed and detailing your right to full compensation.
If you are ready to take the next step and talk to one of our compassionate Norcross car accident attorneys, call us now. We are confident we can make a difference for you.
What Compensation is Available After an Accident Injury Claim?
The costs associated with a serious car accident extend far beyond the initial hospital bills and car repair expenses. A knowledgeable Norcross car accident lawyer from Adamson & Cleveland, LLC will carefully evaluate the damages in your case to determine what full and fair compensation should be. This often includes payment for:
- Medical expenses
- Future health care needs related to the crash
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Wrongful death damages for families who have lost loved ones
Insurance companies often try to lowball accident victims by offering a settlement quickly, before you truly understand the extent of the damages. You should never accept payment or sign anything from an insurance company without speaking to an experienced Norcross, Georgia car accident attorney first.
How Can You Protect Your Rights After a Car Crash?
It’s common for accident victims to feel helpless after a crash. However, there are some steps you can take to help your case and protect your right to compensation.
- Call the police. Law enforcement officers who respond to the scene will file an accident report and may cite the other driver for any violations.
- Get medical attention immediately. Sometimes, injuries can take time to manifest, but when you wait any length of time to get checked out and get problems addressed, your case can get weaker. It is important to have documentation of your injuries from the very beginning.
- Get the name, insurance information, and contact information for the at-fault driver and anyone else involved. But do not apologize or discuss the accident. Your attorney can handle any further communication.
- Take down names and contact information for witnesses. Your attorney will also want to follow up with them to find out what they saw.
- Take photos of the crash scene and your injuries. You may also ask someone at the scene to take pictures and send them to you. It is helpful to have photos of the vehicles involved and any other potential evidence such as skid marks, road signs, positioning of the vehicles, etc.
- Write down what you remember about the crash. Being involved in a serious crash is a traumatic and chaotic experience, and it is easy to forget or block out details. It can help to make notes about the details and even draw a diagram to show what happened.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance adjuster or sign any paperwork. Insurance companies will try to use your words against you and get you to sign off on your rights. Let your attorney manage any communication with the insurance company.
- Do not discuss your accident or share information on social media. Insurance adjusters may review your social media profiles as part of their investigation. Anything you post about the crash could be used as evidence. Even seemingly innocent photos of you smiling or hanging out with friends may be twisted to argue that you are not as hurt as you claim. The best thing to do is to lay low on social media until your claim is resolved. Learn how to correctly fill out an accident claim.
- Keep a journal of how you are feeling and how your life has been affected by your injuries. Make notes about your daily pain levels, your emotional state, and any everyday activities that you have been forced to miss out on, such as family functions or gatherings with friends.
- Talk to an attorney as soon as possible. The best time to consult with an attorney is right after an accident occurs. A supportive and honest personal injury attorney can guide you through the appropriate actions you should take to be certain your case is handled properly, with the appropriate outcome for your situation.
What are Common Causes of Car Accidents in the Norcross Area?
The greater Atlanta area is known for its heavy traffic and busy roadways. Car accidents are all too common here, and the majority of them are caused by negligent drivers. Some of the common types of negligence our attorneys see in the cases we handle include:
- Distracted driving (texting, talking on the phone, eating, grooming, etc.)
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Aggressive driving
- Tailgating or following too closely
- Failing to stop or yield
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
Although careless or reckless drivers are often the cause of accidents on the road, there are other circumstances that can lead to a serious crash. In some cases, a defective auto part or system, such as bad brakes or steering failures, can lead to a collision. When this happens, the manufacturer or other companies involved in the distribution of the defective part may be held liable.
Under certain circumstances, our lawyers may also find that dangers such as potholes or missing road signs led to a crash. In these cases, we may demand compensation from the government entity or contractor responsible for the dangerous condition.